Writing With Skill Level 3, Student Workbook
Writing With Skill combines time-tested classical techniques with innovative contemporary insights to give every student the necessary tools to write with clarity and confidence. For students in the middle grades and above, Writing with Skill provides essential training in organization, composition structure, and research methods.
Level 3 continues to build on the skills taught in Level 1 and 2 to take the student to an even higher level of achievement. Original writing assignments in history, science, biography and literature expand the student’s intellectual horizons.
- Written directly to the student, this series encourages the student to take the initiative in developing basic writing skills
- Straightforward, detailed explanations of how to construct and organize compositions
- Careful, clear analysis of models from great writers of literature and classic nonfiction
- Instruction on how to write about topics in history, science, literature and poetry
- Step-by-step instruction in how to write narratives, sequences, definitions, explanations, comparisons and contrasts, biographical sketches, and much more
- Exercises in style and sound
- Extensive practice in planning and carrying out independent projects
- Direction in note-taking, documentation, and avoiding plagiarism
- All source material for assignments is provided–no other books are needed
Accompanying Teacher Material
Writing With Skill Level 3 Instructor Text (sold separately) provides student instructions and scripted dialogue to use when the student has difficulty, plus detailed guidance on how to evaluate the student’s work.