Writing With Skill Level 2, Student Workbook
Writing With Skill combines time-tested classical techniques with innovative contemporary insights to give every student the necessary tools to write with clarity and confidence. For students in the middle grades and above, Writing with Skill provides essential training in organization, composition structure, and research methods.
Level 2 builds on the skills taught in Writing With Skill Level 1 to take the student to an even higher level of achievement.
- Written directly to the student, this series encourages the student to take the initiative in developing basic writing skills
- Straightforward, detailed explanations of how to construct and organize compositions
- Careful, clear analysis of models from great writers of literature and classic nonfiction
- Instruction on how to write about topics in history, science, literature and poetry
- All source material for assignments is provided–no other books are needed
- One-, two-, and three-level outlining.
- Writing chronological narratives, biographical sketches, descriptions, and sequences across the curriculum
- Critical literary essays on fiction and poetry
- Researching and documenting source material
Accompanying Teacher Material
Writing With Skill Level 2 Instructor Text (sold separately) provides student instructions and scripted dialogue to use when the student has difficulty, plus detailed guidance on how to evaluate the student’s work.