Writing With Skill Level 1, Instructor Text
For students in the middle grades and above, this groundbreaking new writing series combines time-tested classical techniques–the imitation and analysis of great writers–with original composition exercises in history, science, biography, and literature.
• Provides scripted dialogue to use when the student has difficulty, plus detailed guidance on how to evaluate the student’s work
• Prepares students for high-level rhetoric and composition.
• Straightforward, detailed explanations of how to construct and organize compositions
• Careful, clear analysis of models from great writers of literature and classic nonfiction
• Instruction on how to write about topics in history, science, literature and poetry
• All source material for assignments is provided–no other books are needed
• One- and Two-level outlining
• Writing chronological narratives, biographical sketches, descriptions, and sequences across the curriculum
• Constructing basic literary essays on fiction and poetry
• Researching and documenting source material
Accompanying Student Material
Writing with Skill Level 1, Student Workbook (sold separately) written directly to the student, encourages the student to take the initiative in developing basic writing skills.