The Complex Circulatory System
Developed by a pediatrician, this book focuses on the amazing design and functionality of the human body€™s circulatory system. You will discover amazing facts like:
- The human heart beats 100,000 times a day, and one drop of blood has 5 million red blood cells in it
- A timeline of important discoveries and innovators as well as key anatomical terms and concepts
- Discussions of disease and proper care for optimal health!
The third book in the popular elementary anatomy series God€™s Wondrous Machine, focuses on the heart, blood, and blood vessels that make up the body€™s circulatory system. Understanding the mechanics of this system in transporting nutrients, blood, chemicals, and more to cells within the body is key to understanding how it helps fight disease as well as maintain a properly balanced temperature. Readers learn how the deliberate design of their bodies enables it to function as it should, just as God meant for it to.
Table of Contents
How to Use This Book (All about Us!)
Using the Teacher Guide
About the Author
A Note from the Author
See It, Say It, Know It!
Biblical References to the Heart
1. Historical Timeline of Circulatory System
3. Highways of Blood
4. Blood-Sucking Critters
5. Take Heart: Getting to the Heart of the Matter
6. In the Beginning: The Development of the Heart
8. An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away: Good Health
9. Ponder This
10. Facts: Bizarre and Gross
11. Fun Stuff