North Star Geography
GEOGRAPHY is more than just place names and outline maps—it’s understanding how the world around us works! North Star Geography gives students a deep understanding of how geography impacts all of us every day-with real-life applications for college, career, citizenship, and ministry.
Each lesson in the reader is approximately 10-15 pages and geared towards Jr. High - High School students, though it may be adapted for younger students; the text features full-color maps, illustrations, and interesting sidebars. Accompanying each lesson in the download companion, hands-on project options, as well as an "atlas building" section where students label outline maps are provided. Note-taking pages feature ten questions taken from the text and which can be used for review or comprehension questions, as well as for a study guide for the exam. A memorization list is also included with the countries, regions, and features to know. The Companion Guide download also includes research questions, a quiz for each lesson, a final exam, test answer keys, defined vocabulary lists, graphic organizers, and a grading rubric.
Scripture is from the NKJV and ESV. 283 pages with glossary, hardcover. Companion Guide download access included. Approximately 8.5 inches x 11.25 inches. Designed for one year though three scheduling options are provided for a 16-week, 32-week, and 64-week course; grades 9-12. 1 high school credit. 16 lessons in 3 units.
The Companion Guide download includes:
- Geography Skills (such as reading maps and navigation)
- Physical Geography (the lithosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and biosphere)
- Human Geography (social structures, culture and heritage, interacting with the environment)
The Companion Guide contains:
- Hands-on activities and projects
- Map work, memorization, and geographic research questions (with answers!)
- Quizzes, a final exam, answer keys, and a grading rubric
- Reproducible outline and reference maps, note-taking pages, and graphic organizers