Jensen's Format Writing
Master Effective Writing Skills!
Jensen€™s Format Writing guides upper high school students through the process of writing clear, concise, and effective letters and essays€”equipping them to write confidently in high school, college, and beyond! Through simple lessons and systematic practice students will learn how to construct paragraphs, link them together, build different types of essays, and write major papers of 1,000-1,200 words.
In Jensen€™s Format Writing, students will learn how to:
- Write paragraph types such as classification, definition, analogy, and comparison
- Join thoughts and paragraphs together
- Format 5 paragraph essays
- Compose book reports for historical fiction and biographies
- Structure business letters, resumes, and cover letters
- Develop, organize, and write college-level essays of 1,000+ words
Format Writing teaches students the steps and process for writing clear, concise, and effective papers, preparing students to easily transition to college-level writing. In Jensen€™s Format Writing, students will master the art of effective written communication in essays, business letters, resumes, and more!
Students will discover:
- How to organize papers for the most powerful effect on the reader
- A technique for getting the essence of what students read down on paper for future reference
- How to stack up ideas so that they flow together in a natural fashion
- All about what and how to document sources when doing research and writing
- How to move ideas from sentence to sentence by following a simple rule
- and so much more!
An Unrivaled Guide, Updated for a New Generation!
Jensen€™s writing series has been equipping students with the tools they need to communicative clearly, effectively, and confidently for over 20 years! Jensen€™s Format Writing is now fully-updated and features updated language for clearer communication, simple course organization, and a convenient suggested daily schedule!
Format Writing Features:
- Suggested daily schedule€”saving you time!
- Alternate 2 Year Schedule
- Lessons, Worksheets, & Tests
- General Punctuation Rules
- Answer Keys
- 30-45 minutes per lesson, 3-4x per week
- Perforated, 3-hole punched worksheets
- Recommended Grade Level: 11th - 12th