Geometry Designed for Understanding
Jacobs€™ Geometry utilizes a clear, conversational, engaging approach to teach your student the concepts, principles, and application of Geometry through practical, real-life application! Harold Jacobs guides your student through Geometry, enabling them to discover the concepts & their applications for themselves in order to develop an understanding of the principles that goes beyond simple memorization to pass a test.
Jacobs€™ unique instructional approach to math means your student:
- Develops a true understanding of geometric principles
- Interacts with concepts using real-world examples, ensuring they€™ll know exactly how to apply the material they are learning to real-life and other academic subjects
- Is prepared to take their understanding of Geometry concepts outside the math textbook and successfully apply them to higher math courses, sciences, & everyday life
- Is equipped with an understanding of the foundational mathematical concepts of Geometry€”and once a student truly understands the concepts in Geometry, they are equipped & prepared for all higher math & sciences!
Engaging, Real-World Instruction
Understanding both the why and how of Geometry is foundational to your student€™s success in high school and college. Jacobs€™ Geometry provides students with a clear and thorough understanding of why concepts work, as well as how they are applied to solve real-world problems.
A Top Choice for High School Success & College Prep
Jacobs€™ Geometry has proven its ability to guide students towards success and is still the choice of top teachers and schools. The unique instructional method within Jacobs€™ Geometry ensures your student understands both the why and how of Geometry and establishes a strong foundation for higher math & science courses. If your student is planning for college or a STEM career, Jacobs€™ Geometry ensures they are equipped with the tools they need to succeed!
Geometry Student Text Includes:
- Full Color Illustrations
- 16 sections, covering deductive reasoning, lines & angles, congruence, inequalities, quadrilaterals, area, triangles, circles, theorems, polygons, geometric solids, and more!
- Answers to select exercises in the back of the text
- Flexible based on focus & intensity of course
- Set I exercises review ideas & concepts from previous lessons to provide ongoing application of material.
- Set II exercises allow student to apply material from the new lesson
- Set III exercises provided additional, more challenging problems
Table of Contents
- A Letter to the Student
- Introduction: Euclid, the Surfer, and the Spotter
- Inductive Reasoning
- 1. An Introduction to Geometry
- 2. The Nature of Deductive Reasoning
- 3. Lines and Angles
- 4. Congruence
- 5. Inequalities
- 6. Parallel Lines
- 7. Quadrilaterals
- 8. Transformations
- Midterm Review
- 9. Area
- 10. Similarity
- 11. The Right Triangle
- 12. Circles
- 13. The Concurrence Theorems
- 14. Regular Polygons and the Circle
- 15. Non-Euclidean Geometries
- 16. Inequalities
- Final Review
- Postulates and Theorems
- Answers to Selected Exercises
- Illustration Credits
€œThis is one of the great geometry books of all time!€
Donald J. Albers, The Mathematical Association of America