LLATL Tan Book Student-6th Grade 3rd Edition
Learning Language Arts Through Literature (LLATL)
6th grade students mature in their language arts skills through 36 lessons. Passages from great literature encourage the reading of timeless classics. Dictation encourages expressive, creative writing. The updated third edition is even easier to use with new lessons that will introduce your student to additional classic literature. The study of suffixes and prefixes lays groundwork for skills needed at upper grade levels.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no teacher preparation needed! Integrated language arts lessons including: grammar, spelling, higher-order thinking, and study skills.
- Each lesson provides the opportunity for your students to apply their skills through research, creative writing, journal writing, etc.
- Four Book Studies
- Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Latham
- The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
- Big Red by Jim Kjelgaard
- The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
- Each Book Study contains a summary, vocabulary skills, reading comprehension, and exciting activities.
- Two Units:
- Using the Library
- Writing a Research Paper
- Review Activities follow each lesson providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments aid teachers in identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
The Tan Student Activity Book is the perfect companion for the Tan Teacher Book! Everything in one book: student instruction, a place for writing, and a tool for easy record keeping. Allows for more independent work, a BONUS for teachers. The Tan SAB provides Enrichment Activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more found ONLY in the SAB. (Answers are found in The Teacher Book.) Please note: The Student Activity Book cannot be used independently. Purchase the Tan Teacher Book.