LLATL Purple Book-5th grade Student 3rd Edition
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Learning Language Arts Through Literature (LLATL)
THE PURPLE BOOK -Student
5TH GRADE SKILLS
The Purple Book is a blend of dictation and unit studies including poetry, oral presentations, and speech making. The updated third edition is even easier to use with added vocabulary and spelling exercises. Lessons integrate all the fifth grade language arts skills: grammar, creative writing, composition, spelling, higher-order reasoning, and study skills.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Everyday Words: Students hone in on grammar skills through dictation and writing exercises.
- Speech Making and Oral Presentation Units: Students learn how to make oral presentations such as speeches and stories.
- Poetry Unit: Additional creative writing and expression are taught extensively using poetry.
- Four Book Studies
- Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Trumpet of the Swan by E.B.White
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
- Each book study contains a summary, vocabulary skills, reading comprehension, and exciting activities.
- The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
- Review Activities follow most lessons providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student's progress.