LLATL THE BLUE BOOK - 1ST GRADE Student Book
Learning Language Arts Through Literature (LLATL) Blue Book- 1st Grade Student Book
The Common Sense Reading Program, the Blue Book, for first grade skills, is the perfect reading program for beginning readers. The updated third edition is even easier to use with clearer instructions and a color. Lessons include: phonics instruction using the "Successful Reading for Beginners" series. Your student begins reading stories right away!
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Lessons require little or NO preparation! Read-aloud stories and "real books" provide a basis for language arts skills: phonics, reading, spelling, grammar, and higher order thinking skills, even handwriting included!
- The "real book" read alouds for this program may be obtained through your library or purchased from bookstores or catalogs.
- A systematic phonics approach includes: short and long vowels, consonant blends, word families, and sight words.
- Handwriting instruction teaches upper and lower case letters, numbers, and punctuation! Illustrated practice sheets encourage your student to do his best.
- Games, word-wheels, flip books, and MORE hands-on projects and activities are effective for ALL types of learners.
- Authors: Debbie Strayer and Susan Simpson
- Teacher: 200 pages Student: 229 pages
Please Note: This is not a complete curriculum- just the student book. Please see Blue Book Set.
Skills: phonics, reading, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, handwriting, and higher-order thinking skills
3rd Edition: clearer instructions, colorized student book