All About Spelling Level 7
When you order this set of Level 7 Materials, you'll receive these two items:
Please note: In addition to the Level 7 Materials, you will also need a Basic or Deluxe Spelling Interactive Kit. The Interactive Kit contains non-consumable items that are used throughout the entire All About Spelling program.
Additional note: All About Spelling is a cumulative program that builds on concepts learned in previous levels. If you have not used the program before, please use our Spelling Placement Test to determine the best level for your child. If you decide to start in a higher level, you will need to purchase the Student Packets from all previous levels so that you have the necessary flashcards for review purposes.
Level 7 in the All About Spelling series brings together the three pathways to learning—auditory (hearing), visual (seeing), and kinesthetic (touching). This multisensory approach, combined with a built-in review system and reinforcement activities, ensures that students retain what they learn and understand how to apply it in practical situations.
In a practical, hands-on way, your student will learn:
- Clues for knowing when to use ANCE or ENCE for the sound of /ĕnts/ as in significance and conference
- Strategies for spelling words with Latin and Greek elements as in deductible and hydroscope
- Loan words from French, Spanish, and Italian such as camouflage and scenario
- and much more, including a plan for lifetime learning!
The multisensory learning tools and activities included in the program help your student master important spelling concepts. You'll appreciate the organization, thought and research that went into this program as you work with your student.
- Concept-oriented spelling lists are grouped by similar phonograms and spelling rules. This accelerates learning by organizing ideas in the student’s mind and allowing the student to concentrate on and master one or two main concepts before moving on.
- Word Trees introduce your student to Latin roots in an innovative way. Latin root tiles and Greek word part tiles provide helpful hands-on practice.
- Word Banks help your student build visual memory of words.
- The Writing Station activity gives your student a creative outlet for applying new knowledge. This activity provides the practice and structure he needs to achieve the goal of correct spelling outside the classroom.
- Tips for the teacher anticipate and provide answers to your questions and give you on-the-spot strategies for helping your student overcome stumbling blocks. Worked seamlessly into the lessons, tips are placed right where you need them, when you need them, so you can continue your teaching uninterrupted.
- The Homophone Pairs activity provides more practice for the student to recognize and choose the correct homophone in his own writing.
- The Progress Chart gives your student a visual reminder of how far he has come and motivates him to master the next step.
The 30 steps of Level 7 progress in a logical, sequential order. Through direct instruction, students learn exactly what they need to know in order to spell well.