All About Reading Pre-reading Basic Package
Our All About Reading program is unique because it begins with a Pre-reading level for preschoolers and kindergarteners, and it focuses on what we call the Big Five Skills. These five fundamental pre-reading skills include letter knowledge, phonological awareness, print awareness, listening comprehension, and motivation to read. It is this specific set of skills that helps pre-readers understand the basics of language and how it works, preparing them to learn to read.
With the All About Reading Pre-reading program, your child will play special games, enjoy little crafts, and engage in charming storytime activities, all the while absorbing these all-important Big Five Skills.
The All About Reading Pre-reading Basic Package includes:
- Teacher's Manual (208 pages)
- Student Packet
- My Book of Letters and Sounds Activity Book (192 pages)
- Picture Cards
- Letter Sound Cards
- Capital Letter Alphabet Chart
- Lowercase Letter Alphabet Chart
- Progress Chart
- Adorable Animal Stickers
- The Zigzag Zebra: a rhyming alphabet hardcover book
- Lizard Lou: a collection of rhymes old and new hardcover book
- Divider Cards (to keep your Picture Cards and Letter Sound Cards organized)
- "Letter Sounds A to Z" app
The Basic set does not include the Ziggy Zebra puppet, Tote Bag, or Activity Box. Feel free to supply your own puppet and index card box. These items are also available separately or with the Deluxe set.